Sunday, December 22, 2013
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Monday, December 9, 2013
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Monday, August 19, 2013
- Vote once a day on-line at http://projectdrivein.com/#vote_80
- Also vote once per day by texting "Vote80" to 444999 .
- Voting ends Sept. 9, 2013, so vote every day between now and then!
VOTE EVERY DAY TO SAVE THE MIDWAY DRIVE-IN. IF THE MIDWAY WINS, WE'LL HOLD A SPECIAL DRIVE-IN HORROR FEST NIGHT – ADMISSION FREE* (scroll down for details)
Flashback Weekend is dedicated to preserving the Drive-In Horror Legacy at the Midway Drive-In. We need your vote to save the Midway Drive-In.
VOTE EACH DAY FOR THE MIDWAY DRIVE-IN TO WIN A DIGITAL PROJECTOR AT HONDA’S PROJECT DRIVE-IN at http://projectdrivein.com/#vote_80
The Midway Drive-In needs your help to stay open. We need your vote each day for the next three weeks. Honda is donating a free projector to each of the 5 drive-ins that receive the most votes.
These projectors cost $80,000 and it is essential to the survival of the Midway Drive-In since movie studios will stop issuing new movies on 35m film next year. Drive-ins that cannot upgrade to digital projection will close.
This contest is the best way for the Midway to complete the digital conversion and stay open.
TO VOTE FOR AND SAVE THE MIDWAY – VOTE ONCE PER DAY ON-LINE AND ONCE PER DAY BY TEXT
- You can vote on-line once per day at http://projectdrivein.com/#vote_80
- You can also vote once per day by texting "Vote80" to 444999 once per day.
- Honda listed the Midway Drive-In under STERLING, IL.
- Voting ends on September 9, 2013 (in three weeks).
- Every vote will help and costs nothing but a few seconds of your time. Please share this with all of your facebook friends and have them vote each day for the Midway.
Please make this your cause. Vote every day, and share this with all of your friends, family, business associates, and community organizations.
With your help, we can win this and keep the Midway Drive-In open and present big screen horror for future generations.
VOTE TO SAVE THE MIDWAY DRIVE-IN EVERY DAY. IF THE MIDWAY WINS A DIGITAL PROJECTOR, WE WILL HOLD A SPECIAL HORROR FEST NIGHT – ADMISSION FREE*
If the Midway Drive-In wins the Project Drive-In voting and receives a digital projector from Honda, the Midway Drive-In and Flashback Weekend will hold a special “Thank you” Horror Fest night at the Midway Drive-In – admission Free!
- Midway Drive-In and Flashback Weekend will choose the date and time of the special free “Thank-you” Horrorfest night at the Midway Drive-In once we have received the digital projector from Honda.
- Midway Drive-In and Flashback Weekend will choose the film titles to be shown – from suggestions made by you!
- The special free “Thank you” Horror Fest movie night will be held only if our Midway Drive-In wins a digital projector from Honda’s Project Drive-In.
- Entry into the special “Thank you” Horrorfest night is limited to Midway Drive-In parking capacity on a first come, first admitted basis.
- No cash value associated with this free admission for your special “Thank you” night.
- Entry into this special “Thank you” event is at the discretion of Flashback Weekend and the Midway Drive-In. All drive-In policies must be followed. Midway Drive-In and Flashback Weekend will be the final arbitrator in these cases.
Mike and Mia Kerz
The Midway Drive-In
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Flashback Weekend NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 45th Anniversary 35MM Screening & Limited Edition Poster!
Introduced by George A. Romero
Muvico Theaters Rosemont 18
August 9, 2013 9:00PM
We received from the printers the limited edition NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD poster designed by Chad Savage, and they are beautiful!
These will be given out FREE to each attendee of the Flashback Weekend NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD 45th anniversary screening introduced by George A. Romero - 35mm print - at the Muvico Theaters Rosemont 18 on Friday August 9, 2013.
Tickets for the screening are only $10.00 and will be available for purchase at the Flashback Weekend Registration desk Friday (limited to seating capacity).
Please note – The screening tickets are available to Flashback Weekend attendees only.
Monday, August 5, 2013
Friday, August 2, 2013
The 2012 Zombie Pinup Beauty Pageant Winners with host John LaFlamboy and judges Jim Sorfleet, Bonnie Bones, Mitch Wells, Kitty Zombie and Ron Fitzgerald
Flashback Weekend, Chad Savage and ZombiePinups.com are pleased to announce the Sixth Annual Flashback Weekend Zombie Pinup Beauty Pageant!
On Saturday August 10 at 5:05 pm put on your sexiest classic pinup outfit and your most gruesome zombie make up, and compete to win the coveted title of Miss Zombie Queen 2013! The Pageant will be hosted by John LaFlamboy, judged by several of our Celebrity Guests including Face Off Season 4 Champion J. Anthony Kosar and others TBA, and awarded fabulous prizes for First, Second & Third Place.
Judging will be based on quality of make up / effects, costume and adherence to the spirit of the classic pinup image. All contestants will be photographed for a special gallery at ZombiePinups.com; winners will, of course, get optimal placement. To get an idea of what we're looking for, visit the gallery at ZombiePinups.com, and start planning your character NOW!
This event is sponsored by Sinister Visions inc.
THERE IS NO PRE-REGISTRATION: Contestants should start assembling outside of the room in which the event will be held (it'll be in the program at the show) 30 minutes prior to the event. Chad Savage will be there to direct you as necessary.
Thursday, August 1, 2013
Prizes are awarded for First, Second and Third Place, and there's a Kids Category for ages 12 & under. Winners are determined by audience applause.
That's Svengoolie with the 2012 Contest Winners there on the right - click HERE to see a stack of photos from the 2012 contest!
This event is sponsored by Sinister Visions inc.
THERE IS NO PRE-REGISTRATION: Contestants should start assembling outside of the room in which the event will be held (it'll be in the program at the show) starting at 4:00 pm. Chad Savage will be there to direct you as necessary.